This blog is not intended to be the answer to all your problems. I merely want to give you some HOPE!
Some of the world’s most successful people were once unemployed. The secret to their success?
* To never give up.
* Have a dream and believe in it.
* Prepare yourself so that when the right opportunity comes, you will be ready for it.
1. Larry King (tv-presenter) – He struggled with debt and filed for bankruptcy. He later went on to start the call-in interview program “Larry King Live” in 1985, and the rest is history.
2. Susan Boyle (British singer) – Despite all of the struggles of unemployment, Boyle never gave up on her dream to become a professional singer, and today her net worth is estimated above $20 million.
3. Harrison Ford (actor) – After a string of unsatisfactory film roles Ford went through a time of unemployment during which he taught himself carpentry. As a carpenter Ford became a stagehand for the rock band The Doors and eventually was hired to build cabinets at the home of director George Lucas, who later hired Ford to become Han Solo.
4. Walt Disney (creator of Disneyland ) Disney’s early attempts at owning a studio failed because of his lack of ability to manage money, and the studio went bankrupt. Disney moved and set up a studio in Hollywood, California and the rest is history.
Read our other blogs for advice on how to reach your own success.
Christa Fourie (Founder of Keesta)