In South Africa we have the challenge of a very high rate of unemployment:
* 27.7% unemployed in the third quarter of 2017 (6.21 million people)
* 54% of youth is unemployed (aged 15 – 24)
* 2.4 million people have stopped looking for work
* 67% of the unemployed people have been looking for work for more than a year
Let’s compare our unemployment rate (27.7%) with other countries:
Euro Area 8.80
United Kingdom 4.30
United States 4.10
South Korea 3.70
So what does this tell us?
1. We need experts to solve our unemployment problem.
2. We need entrepreneurs for job creation.
What about the rest of you who are dependent on a job?
YOU WILL HAVE TO START BEING CREATIVE TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD OF JOB SEEKERS!
What can you do?
1. Watch our videos on how to market your unique value add on your cv.
2. Make use of every free opportunity to develop yourself.
3. Visit our site regularly and read all the advice given.
4. Be willing to start at the very bottom and know how to state that on your job application.
5. Identify your areas that are holding you back and find ways to change your behaviour.
At Keesta we are committed to assist you in standing out from the crowd, but you will have to do the hard work.
Read our other blogs such as:
* What is success?
* Using your values to get the job!
* Choosing your mentors
* Moving on from your mistakes
* What motivates you?
Should you need any advice, please contact us.
By Christa Fourie (Founder of Keesta HR Solutions)