Fact: Unemployment rate in SA is extremely high
Fact: Masses of people will be applying for the same jobs as you
Fact: Only a FEW will be INVITED to the INTERVIEW
On our website we give loads of advice on how to stand out from the crowd and get invited to the interview.
NEXT STEP … THE INTERVIEW!
- Be prepared to get the call
- Don’t mmm and aaah when you get the call – it could be seen as disinterest
- Make yourself available – this might be your only chance!
- The only acceptable reasons for not agreeing to the suggested time is:
- Death in the family
- Another interview lined up
- You are out of town
- Turn up for the interview! If not, DO NOT send message or e-mail, CALL
Recent scenario: Client is urgently looking to employ. Out of hundreds of applications, I shortlisted 7 ladies who are the best fit to my client’s requirements. Three ladies agreed to meet the next day, the others never responded to my request. Out of the 3, 1 e-mailed to postpone and the other one did not pitch for the interview. (she could prove that she sent a message, but I never received it – telephonic contact would have been more acceptable)
The lady that turned up for the interview, meets ALL the client’s criteria and because my client is in a hurry, she will most probably be offered the position.
Those that could not fit in with my schedule, but might also be a perfect match, probably will find themselves LEFT IN THE COLD!
The lesson: Speed = Success
By Christa Fourie (Founder of Keesta)